CPHLN supports the following Issue groups:
- LPR - Laboratory Preparedness and Response
- WFSE - Water / Food Safety and Enterics
- Laboratory Standardization
- RCA - Reference Center Advisory
CPHLN also support the following task groups:
Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) Task Group
This Task Group reports to the Laboratory Standardization Issue Group.
Federal – Alberto Severini (PHAC/NML)
Provincial – Sam Ratnam (Newfoundland)
The Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) Task Group was formed in 2007 to address the significant variation in availability and consistency of laboratory testing methods used across the country for the disease.
Since its conception, the HPV Task Group has worked to benchmark and standardize HPV testing so that results are comparable across Canada.
The purpose of the HPV Task Group is to improve HPV detection for diagnostics through testing standardization and for surveillance and epidemiology.
The HPV Task Group identified 3 priorities to address during the 2009-2010 cycle:
- To establish a network of laboratories interested in HPV testing for collaboration and consensus on methodology validation and method comparison.
- To establish a national proficiency program for HPV genotyping and diagnostics.
- To assist or collaborate in method comparison and validation studies.